Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Goodnight iPad by Ann Droyd

While it's not my turn to post, I did want to share something that I found last night while out shopping.  I was at The Afternoon - the one in Midtown in Omaha, and I saw a book called Goodnight iPad - a parody of Goodnight Moon.

http://www.amazon.com/Goodnight-iPad-Parody-next-generation/dp/0399158561/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328648022&sr=8-1

The book reminded me of some of the posts about the Super Bowl and its relationship to the Culture Industry.

1 comment:

  1. I saw this book at a store a couple of weeks ago! It's obviously tongue and cheek humor, but one of my coworkers in particular actually bought an ipad to take on a road trip with her husband and their two-year-old (for the purpose of the two-year-old's entertainment). I don't have kids, but I have 3 younger siblings (the youngest of which is 6) so I can empathize with the need for distraction and pacification, but I'm not sure how I feel about this use. I know it can be educational in many ways, but I think it's the idea of "keeping the baby distracted" that I don't agree with. Anyway, this was tangent from your point, but it made me think of this scenario!

    ReplyDelete