Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Google's augmented-reality glasses

http://news.cnet.com/8301-11386_3-57409331-76/google-yep-were-testing-augmented-reality-glasses/?part=rss&subj=news&tag=title

Google announced that it is working on augmented-reality glasses. "The glasses can stream information to the lenses and allow the wearer to send and receive messages through voice commands. There is also a built-in camera to record video and take pictures."

"One person who had used the glasses said: “They let technology get out of your way. If I want to take a picture I don’t have to reach into my pocket and take out my phone; I just press a button at the top of the glasses and that’s it.”

Is this one step closer to a becoming cyborg? Would you be excited to try these? Would glasses like these have an effect on our brains and memory? Instead of no longer memorizing phone numbers, would we begin to forget street names and addresses?

No comments:

Post a Comment